Saturday, February 17, 2007

The vacation is over

Be on the look out for my Kaieteur News column tomorrow. I had a nice sabbatical, but it is time to get back to work.

A lot has happened since I started my sabbatical in late December. President Jagdeo was caught dressed like a dufus at an international affair, all government ads were pulled from Stabroek News and I don't want to count all of the women who have been killed or raped in Guyana since my last column.

Also, the stadium is finally ready (albeit, quite past the deadline), Digicel has turned the nation blue and there is an all out effort to clean up the streets in time for the CWC in just a few weeks.

Obviously, it is time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is in the moderation process now and will be posted once it is approved.